Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Meet Coraline

I highly encourage you to follow this link to view the teaser trailer for Coraline.

Why should you be excited about this movie? Two reasons:

1) It is based on one of the creepiest "children's" books I have ever read. Neil Gaiman's Coraline flat out gave me the willies, and I read it last year. I don't know what kind of kid could read this book and not get a bit freaked out. I'd recommend pretty much anything by Gaiman, but this was a particularly fun read.

2) The movie is written and directed by Henry Selick. Tim Burton often gets all the credit for The Nightmare Before Christmas, and he did create the story and the character design, but it was Selick who actually directed. He also directed the underrated James and the Giant Peach. In other words, no one can top this guy when it comes to this form of stop-motion animation.

So yeah. It should be a good flick.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Oh my dear sweet God I must read that book. A man made out of live rats? That speaks to a book that has been precisely constructed for my demographic.