Thursday, February 21, 2008

Los Campesinos!

My rendition of an album review. Los Campesinos! Hold on Now, Youngster...

Short. I'm not the word-smith I always hoped to be.

If you like pop-punk or pseudo-Broken Social Scene-esque like qualities, then this shit is good. For once I agree with the review put up on Pitchfork. Read it here. The lyrics are playfully witty and the instrumentation layered (good for multiple listenings). I can't help but want to jump around and sing-a-long. Hope these guys make it across the pond to Nashvegas.

I can't say for sure, but I believe their back-catalog is good too.

Video: You! Me! Dancing!


3 comments:

Nicholas Foley said...

sir widget likey, likey.

Evelyn Is Not Real said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EJP said...

Sounds good--I'll check it out. Generally I think a lot of what Pitchfork likes is crap, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while (to paraphrase Clyde Squid). If the band actually sang in Welsh, I'd be REALLY impressed.