Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Last Starfighter

"Centauri: [voice in video game] Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada. "

This movie rocked my world when I was a wee little lad.

I came across this today and had to post a link to the other blog that discusses it. You see, Atari never released The Last Starfighter video game until now, for free, here.

Damn, that would fit nicely in my dude room. I'll have to add the movie to my queue now. Polish up on my lines.

3 comments:

EJP said...

Yeah, I have no idea how many times I've seen this movie, but I know it was a lot. My sister and I used to think the way the lizard guy laughed was hysterical. And I remember freaking right the hell out every time Centauri showed his real face. Wow...it's all coming back to me now.

But the real question is, do you really have a "dude room", and if so, what's in it? I'm picturing nudie calendars and a kegerator.

Evelyn Is Not Real said...

Sorry to report but it is not that glamorous. Just litter boxes for the cats, a guitar, and a bunch of misc crap. It has the potential to be a 'dude' room, but I lack the drive. Still, in my imaginary world, I picture this being in it.

Clyde Squid said...

The scariest part of that movie was the head melting execution scene, which was a bit much. And I liked the way the head bad guy had a electric monocle thing. Cool for a kid, mega-lame now.

And I downloaded the game. It pisses me off. I guess I need a joystick or hand-eye coordination. Likely both...