Thursday, November 15, 2007

I can finally post this...


So I've resisted doing a post about The Perry Bible Fellowship because up until recently, it was only an interweb thing. But now Nicholas Gurewitch has come out with a book of his comics, called The Trial of Colonel Sweeto. I guess I'm sneaking this one in through a loophole.

Simply put, this guy makes the funniest/sickest/prettiest comic strips I've ever seen. Some of you might have seen them, too, 'cuz I was sending them out to people in e-mails for a little while. Some of the drawings are so crudely drawn they make Gary Larson look like...umm...someone who draws really well. Some of them are works of art you want to blow up and put on your wall. The complexity of some of the jokes is amazing and it may take you a second to understand a few of them, but it's worth it. Here's the first PBF strip I ever saw, and I was hooked from then on:So check it out, either online or in book form, if you get the chance. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Clyde Squid said...

I've seen that sickness. I love it.

I guess I'm a bad person...