Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Last Winter

I've been anxious to see this film... usually Nashville doesn't get all the independent films that I want to see, or at the very least it seems to take forever for them to show here. So, that being said, The Last Winter is actually playing in Nashvegas at our indie-venue, the Belcourt Theatre, and I'm planning on checking it out this weekend. I was always a fan of John Carpenter's The Thing, and of course I have a penchant for apocalyptic/man's-last-stand and his struggle to keep his 'humanity' in the face of unimaginable fear/terror (Cormac McCarthy's The Road comes to mind). Anyone heard of good/bad reviews or have a comment about this film?


1 comment:

EJP said...

Hmmm. Saw that trailer a while ago and just watched it again. It got a 78% on Rotten Tomatoes--I'll be curious to know how you like it.