Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Jabba the Walthamite

So this past Saturday I was angry at Waltham, the town in which I live. After spending way too much time at work, I was riding my bike home from the the railway station when a townie started beeping his horn at me while we were at a red light. After forcing me into the intersection as he was trying to make a right turn (from the wrong lane) he then rolled down his window and yelled, "Dude, the sidewalks are there for a reason!" Mmm hmmm...nothing like icing your asshole cupcake with some sweet, sweet stupidity, dude.

This is a very roundabout way of introducing this picture:While taking Linus for a walk on Sunday, we came across Jabba in the driveway of some neighbors around the corner (a house that has had its Halloween decorations up for the last three weeks). I went for a second walk a little while later so I could come back with my camera. These guys were building Jabba for a Halloween parade at a nearby town. He's fully functional--there will be someone inside moving him around on the float. I love that they even got the asymmetrical nostrils right on him.

So, until I'm almost hit by a car again (which given my record, will be a matter of days), these neighbors have redeemed Waltham in my eyes for the time being.

OK, that's enough Star Wars-themed posts from me for a while...

1 comment:

Evelyn Is Not Real said...

Well, according to Tenacious D, once you live thru getting hit by a car, you are invincible forever. So, my advice is... just go ahead and get that out of the way. You are wearing a helmet, right?