Monday, September 24, 2007

Mmm...beer

Even though ya'll have technically been posting cookbooks--which certainly fall within the originally intended content of this blog--it strikes me that there's no reason why food and beverages shouldn't be included in our list of things to blog about as well. Good food, as Clyde Squid will no doubt attest, can be art. And there's a reason they call it "craft" beer.

Speaking of craft beers, if you guys have access to Dogfish Head beers, I highly encourage you to check them out if you haven't already done so. The brewery is out of Delaware (who knew Delaware could produce anything cool?), so I don't know if they've spread too far out of the northeast. They're Indian Brown Ale is definitely one of the tastiest brews I've ever consumed. I'll often have one for dessert because I like to savor the flavor without food polluting my palate. That said, it's still a good match to a number of savory meals, according its web site. I haven't tried many of their other beers, but my favorite local liquor store manager once assured me that "Goddamn they make a hell of a good beer."

I'm not feeling pretentious enough to go on about how it tastes like chocolate pine trees sprinkled with fruit bat dandruff, with a smooth finish. I'll just say that I recommend it and be done.

3 comments:

Evelyn Is Not Real said...

I'm actually a fan of the Aprihop brew that Dogfish Head makes. Have you tried Magic Hat #9? I believe it's from a little brewery near you. I enjoy both, but can only get Aprihop down here. Been drinking more higher alcohol Belgian-style beers recently.

Evelyn Is Not Real said...

Ohh yeah, and of course I love Duff too.

EJP said...

I pretty much always have at least one Magic Hat brew in my fridge. Nearly all their beers are excellent, but for some reason #9 is the only one you can get all over.