Friday, March 21, 2008

We Have a Visiter


At the risk of practically shoving this band down everyone's throats, I highly encourage you to check out The Dodos if you haven't done so already. I just listened to their new album, Visiter, and it was as great as I expected. Since I've already raved about this band at length in an earlier post, I won't get too wordy. Though to some extent the novelty has worn off (considering the number of times I've listened to their earlier album over the last few months), it just all comes down to this being my new favorite band. Hell, even Pitchfork gave this album an 8.5, so for once the Pitchforkers and I agree.

There are a few more instruments tossed in here than there were on Beware of the Maniacs, and there's 5 songs that actually break the 6 minute mark, but they don't feel like long songs. The insane drumming and strumming makes even the longest songs whiz by. This video of the album's stand out track, "Fools", should give you a taste of what you're in for here.

Album Verdict: Like visiting and exciting foreign country for the second time, and realizing that the place is only getting better with every visit.

No comments: