Monday, March 3, 2008

Meet the man himself: George A. Romero

Cross-posted from True to Life.

Nashville doesn't usually get these types of events; however, our little indie theatre, the Belcourt, is showing an advanced screening of Diary of the Dead on March 21st. The real news is that George Romero will be in attendance for the film, and I'm hoping for a short interactive parley with fans. I suppose the main reason I'm posting this is for Clyde Squid, but who knows, splash damage is also a possibility. For those interested, the link for tickets.


As a side note, I went to the Ryman last night to see Wilco perform. They played an amazing set and have recently been playing songs from some of the older albums. Last time Tweedy was in town he encored with the Tupelo song 'Acuff-Rose' by coming out to the edge of the stage and playing it without amplification. Must have left an impression as this time we were treated to 'Someone Else's Song' performed in a similar fashion.

WILCO
Ryman Auditorium
Nashville, TN
03_02_08
[Thanks Jaysus for posting the setlist on Via Chicago.]







1) Via Chicago – Summer Teeth
2) Blood of the Lamb – Mermaid Avenue Volume 2
3) Pieholden Suite - Summer Teeth
4) California Stars - Mermaid Avenue
5) Company in my Back – A Ghost Is Born
6) You Are My Face – Sky Blue Sky
7) Side with the Seeds – Sky Blue Sky
8) Pot Kettle Black – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
9) Shot in the Arm – Summer Teeth
10) She's a Jar – Summer Teeth
11) Handshake Drugs – A Ghost Is Born
12) Impossible Germany – Sky Blue Sky
13) It's Just That Simple – A.M.
14) Pick Up the Change – A.M.
15) Too Far Apart – A.M.
16) Nothingsevergonnastandinmywayagain – Summer Teeth
17) Jesus etc. – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18) Hate It Here – Sky Blue Sky
19) Walken – Sky Blue Sky
20) I'm the Man Who Loves You – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

--------encore 1--------

21) Someone Else's Song (Tweedy w/o amplification) – Being There
22) Misunderstood – Being There
23) The Thanks I Get – Unreleased, although it was on Sunken Treasure DVD
24-25) Red Eyed and Blue -> I Got You – Being There
26) Monday – Being There

--------encore 2---------

27) The Late Greats – A Ghost Is Born

1 comment:

Clyde Squid said...

I could make it to Nashville that Friday night IF the movie starts kinda late.

Email me details and let me look into it.