Wednesday, January 23, 2008

'Peer-Reviewed' Christian Scientific Research Journal

OK, somebody's feelings are going to get hurt here... I definitely coffee-chortled when I read about this. So I'm perusing NatureNews and saw an article that there is actually a journal, Answers Research Journal, which is a free, online publication launched by a Christian ministry (which in my book translates into some high quality entertainment).

Being the curious, inquisitive scientist that I am, I mosied on over to the website and downloaded a free article. I really was somewhat curious to see how 'scientific' it would be. I downloaded 'Microbes and the Days of Creation.'

Interesting...

I would have to say that the paragraph entitled 'The Master Craftsman' takes the cake. I wonder if I could get away with using the word 'awesome' in my next discussion section of a manuscript?

Take an example from the paper:


"The Almighty did some of His most awesome work in the first six days of the planet’s existence."-ARJ, 2007, p. 10.

So maybe I should try something like
"The transcriptional E-box repressor, Snail, did some of its most awesome repression of E-cadherin in the earliest stages of cellular development."

OK, I know I'm going straight to hell now. I'm a bad, bad man. Good thing an asteroid is going to off the planet in a few days anyhow, or godzirra is coming for me (google it, I swear you can find this picture of godzirra).

1 comment:

Nicholas Foley said...

ok dude, a downs kid in a wife beater t-top giving the double thumbs? as a belligerent alcoholic atheist, im disgusted. come on TU24!!