Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Turning the Dial: Cut, Copy, and Paste

Some music of the moment for me:

Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours. I'd call it a playful summer pop record, with synthesizer/electronic house undertones mixed in with a DJ remixes, vocal distortion-type feel. It reminds me of all those 80's bands I still love to listen to. I almost feel guilty because I'm into it so much. Whatever, Pitchfork gave it a 8.8, if you care. Recommended tunes: "Unforgettable Season," "Heart on Fire," and "Feel the Love."

Eagle Seagull - I Hate EPs. No PF review, but they've been getting the love from the blogosphere (see KEXP or You Ain't No Picasso). Saw them open up for Tokyo Police Club last week, and honestly, I think they were the better band (surprising for me since I usually never like music the first time I hear them, especially live, but I'm so-so on TPC). No new full length album out yet, but I've been into their new EP. They get style points for lengthy song titles. Recommended tunes: "I Don't Know If People Have Hated Me, But I Have Hated People," "Your Beauty Is a Knife I Turn On My Throat," and "I'm Sorry But I'm Beginning To Hate Your Face," and "You're The Reason Why I'm Afraid To Die."


1 comment:

EJP said...

Weird. I was just listening to Cut/Copy online 5 minutes before I saw this post. Haven't decided on them yet. I do like Eagle Seagull though.