Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Someone Else Missed Something: The Nobility

Why hasn't Evelyn Is Not Real told us about The Nobility (formerly called Jetpack, apparently)? Hailing from Nashville, I just got their 2007 album The Mezzanine, and I want to put this CD on repeat all day. They're a bit Beatles-y, Kinks-y, and maybe a tad Elvis Costello-y, but it's an incredibly fun listen whoever you think their influences are. I wouldn't say every track is great, but 80% of them are, particularly the title track, "Halleluiah Chorus", and "Skeleton Key." I highly encourage you to give them a listen at their MySpace page.

Maybe EINR has heard of these guys and just didn't deem them worthy of mention. Too bad...I think they sound cool, and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

4 comments:

Evelyn Is Not Real said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evelyn Is Not Real said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evelyn Is Not Real said...

They don't do anything for me. Shrug.

EJP said...

Hey, guess what, turd burglar? I have this blog set up so any and all comments are sent directly to my gmail, so I know what your other comments said, turd burglar.

Fair enough if you don't like'em. I'm listening to something else right now that may already top them as my favorite band of the week. I'll probably post on it soon...