Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Fart Party

So this post could have gone into my ongoing comics primer, but I'm going to give Julia Wertz's The Fart Party special attention for a couple of reasons. For one thing, it's primarily a web comic. For another thing, it's super-especially awesome.

I have mixed feelings about web comics. There's so much crap out there, I tend not to even stick my toes in the web comic river for fear of contracting some fecal-born illness. But once in a while I'll risk it when I come across a Toothpaste for Dinner or an xkcd (I just realized that my favorite web comics are the least well-drawn...go figure). I now add The Fart Party to this list. Like PBF, I've purchased and read The Fart Party book, so I feel I can write about it on this blog.

This comic has little to nothing to do with farts or parties. It's basically an autobiographical look at Julia Wertz's life, with some exaggeration thrown in here and there. She's crude, often drunk, and shares a lot of interests with your average 12-year-old boy. She's basically a fanboy's dream girl, and since this site is pretty much by and for fanboys (and fangirls!), I figured I better let ya'll know about her.

Anyway, it's 5:24AM and I've already been up for over an hour due to The Bug, who will not be allowed to read The Fart Party until he is considerably older or until he finds it by himself on the internet. I secretly hope he does. He would do well to find a girlfriend this cool and honest and funny. But I digress...it's now 5:26AM and nothing I write will really do this comic justice, so just check it out. Wertz also has a blog I just found, and that's purty amusing, too. Please take a look and maybe throw this woman some money for a book at some point.

Example (I tried to find a comic without swear words, but it turned out to be too difficult):

2 comments:

Nat said...

Thanks for the tip - her stuff seems awesome! I'll have to check it out.

EJP said...

I actually thought of you (the you I know through your blog anyway) as I've been reading her. Ya'll seem to have a similar sense of humor. I mean, I think you're both funny, but I'm generally unable to pull this kind of humor off myself.