Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Few More Favorite Tracks from 2008

I actually have plenty posts coming up, but since I wrote down some of my favorite tracks (that weren't on top 20 albums) from 2008, I figured I'd throw them up here. I wouldn't say I disliked the albums these songs came from at all, but if I were to, say, make a mix for someone, these are the only songs from these albums I would consider for inclusion. Maybe some day I'll figure out how to stream songs on here, but for now I'll highly encourage you to find these songs on the internets and give them a listen.

  • Dr. Dog (Fate)- "The Old Days"
  • Headlights (Some Racing, Some Stopping)-"Cherry Tulips"
  • The Mountain Goats (Heretic Pride)-"Autoclave"
  • Yael Naïm (Yael Naïm)-"New Soul"
  • Bon Iver (For Emma, Forever Ago)-"Skinny Love"
I realize this was a big year for Bon Iver and this album made a ton of top ten lists, but with the exception of this song I couldn't bring myself to fall in love with the whole album. I think you have to be in the right frame of mind to be receptive to this kind of music, and I wasn't quite sad enough this year to embrace it.
  • Mumlers (Thickets & Stitches)-"Red River Hustle"
  • The Magnetic Fields (Distortion)-"Too Drunk to Dream"
  • The Kills (Midnight Boom)-"U.R.A. Fever"

No comments: