Friday, June 13, 2008

Meat on a Stick

OK, I consumed my maple-bacon lollipop while I watched the latest episode of The Venture Bros. (Two, two geeky things at once!). I really like maple syrup. REAL maple syrup--not Mrs. Butterworth or whatever that stuff is at IHOP. But I gotta say, sucking on a maple syrup candy for 20 minutes...the novelty wears off. I never really got to my delicious bacon chunks until the very end. But as I'm fond of saying, bacon makes pretty much everything taste better. I overheard a woman talking on the subway the other day. A very close paraphrase: "I recently stopped being a vegetarian after 7 years of being meat-free. It was bacon. Bacon turned me."

If I could pick one of these up at Whole Foods (good lord, I'm so white), I might actually buy one of these once in a while. It beat the hell out of the absinthe one. Not so sure I'd take the trouble to order it over the internet again. How boring of me. I'd prefer to have my maple syrup on pancakes with a strip of bacon on the side.

No comments: