Thursday, January 24, 2008

Someone Missed Something

A certain Bostonian forgot to mention one of my favorite albums of 2007 on his list. Not that I expect him to know all of mine, but I do expect him to give his fellow Beantown denizens some creds for a fucking awesome album.

So since he didn't, I will:



Very fun punk album, worth buying just for the song "The State of Massachusetts."

It's even gotten a lot of play on Sirius Punk, which makes me happy. And Irish rowdy, Beamish dry, and Bruins frenzied!

5 comments:

EJP said...

OK, I confess that I haven't really gotten into them. But I'll check out this album if you liked it so much. They're kind of the elephant in the room at the Newbury Comics where I buy 90% of my music since they usually have almost a whole rack just to themselves.

And hey, I pretty much have no idea what you listened to last year, so cut me some slack.

Evelyn Is Not Real said...

I've got a penchant for Flogging Molly, so maybe I'd like these guys.

I think Clyde Squid should throw us his list of recommended listening.

EJP said...

Yeah, I'm more of a Flogging Molly person, too. All the fourth generation Irish Americans here in Boston go nutty when those guys are in town. And yes, I'm rolling my eyes as I type "Irish Americans".

Clyde Squid said...

The Flogging Molly's are great too. They just didn't have an album last year (are they defunct?).

I'm really behind on the music stuff, so I have no list to produce.

But I stand by this album: it is too much fun.

EJP said...

Got it. Listened to it. Really liked it. It's kind of like Flogging Molly and The Bouncing Souls made sweet, sweet love, and out came the Dropkick Murphys. Thanks for the heads up.