Friday, September 4, 2009

Paddling Ghost

I mentioned in an earlier post that Dan Deacon's album Bromst has been creeping up on my all year. His electronic music isn't for everyone, but for whatever reason, this album hit a sweet spot with me. Of all the excellent songs on the album, the following video is for one of the weirdest (though still pleasingly frenetic in its energy). Who would have thought that the video for a song called "Paddling Ghost" would actually feature a paddling ghost? And apparently a paddling pirate ghost at that...

2 comments:

Nat said...

It wouldn't let me watch the video on this page anymore, but your write-up intrigued me so I googled it on the internets for my own self. What a fun freaking video! Makes me grin. (The song is a bit...too much for me, but makes a good single listen.)

EJP said...

Glad you liked the video. I agree about the song...of all the songs on that album, this is probably one of the least accessible. I think it's the munchkin voices that kind of kills it for me.