Friday, July 17, 2009

Trailer for New Jean-Pierre Jeunet Film

Sorry for the lack of posts this month. I've actually got plenty to write about, just no time to write about it. Eventually I'll be getting more than 5 hours of sleep a night again and will have a little more energy for blogging. Could be next week, could be next month.

Until then, I stumbled across the trailer for the newest Jean-Pierre Jeunet film. Not speaking a lick of French, I don't even know what the title, Micmacs à tire-larigot, means. Judging from the trailer, I'd say it's a comedy heist film. Whatever it's about, it's sure to be pretty. I don't love every Jeunet movie, but I love many of them, and they're all pretty.

2 comments:

Nat said...

I liked Amélie and LOVED Delicatessen. Definitely will be checking this one out. Thanks for the trailer!

wlad said...

consensus is that the title "translates" to something like "Messy situations by the truckload" or (more uk-leaning) "Dodgy Business by the dozen" (in vzlan it would be something like "Coje-culo que juega garrote"). anyhoo, it's about a guy that gets shot in the head and this motley crew that helps him exact revenge on the gun manufacturer. i'm getting an 80's throwback vibe off the whole thing...