Saturday, November 15, 2008

Of All the Decemberists Songs to Get a Video...

There's been a lot of Decemberists backlash the last few years, but though I tend to like their earlier albums a bit more than the more recent albums, they're still one of my favorite bands. "The Tain" was arguably one of the more bizarre things they've put out--running around 18 minutes, the song is certainly not everyone's cup of tea. But I saw them perform it live at the Cat's Cradle years ago, as an encore, and it really is a creepy, fun song. Imagine my surprise when a video popped up on Pitchfork TV recently. If you can sit through the whole thing, it's actually pretty well done. It combines two of my favorite things: Decemberists music and weird animation. Take a gander if you've got about 20 minutes to spare...

1 comment:

Nat said...

Certainly was a lot of war. And many many men brandishing long, potent spears. :-)